Finding the Perfect Pet Can Be Easy, But There’s Lots to Consider!
If you’re interested in pet adoption, here’s how in 5 basic steps.
- Think about your lifestyle and what you would like in a pet. Then visit the Humane Society and get to know our animals to see if one would be a good match for you. Most of our adoptable pets are also featured below and through petfinder.com
- Once you have selected the right pet, complete the RBHS Application for Adoption. It takes 24 to 48 hours to process the application, so applications should be turned in before 4:30 pm. We will need to verify the information on your application and discuss the animal with you in order to approve the application. We reserve the right to deny any adoption for any reason. Please note that an approved application is not a guarantee that the particular animal will be available to you at a future date/time and that an application that is approved for one animal may not be transferable to another animal.
- Once your application has been approved and you have agreed to adopt the animal, we will give you copies of the animal’s information including vaccination and any other veterinary history.
- The adoption fee is due at this time. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- Take your new pet home and enjoy the love!
Email us with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will you keep an animal up for adoption?
What is required to have a pet in the City of Red Wing?
I'd like to support the Humane Society, how can I help?
Do you have foster homes? Can I foster an animal?
Why do you charge the adoption fees that you do?
Please read about our Adoption Fees here.
The animals featured above through Petfinder are generally available however we cannot guarantee that any animal will be available at any particular time. Our animals are adopted on a first-come, first-served basis and we make every attempt to update our Petfinder profiles in a timely fashion but there may be delays as our primary obligation is to care for our animals and customers in-house before updating our website.
Pet Care & Health
We have compiled a list of resources for pet owners. It includes everything from low-cost veterinary services to pet insurance. Head on over to the Resources page to find any information you may need within the community. Feel free to reach out to us if you can’t find what you are looking for.